Sunday, August 24, 2008

its THE dress


Old dress pattern books are just great, arent they? The illustrations are so fabulous, and sometimes you are so busy admiring them that you forgot all about the real essence of a pattern book.... the patterns.

I have had this one vintage pattern book since the mid nineties, but never occured to me to actually use it to make a dress. Untill one day i found this beautiful floral print fabric which not only looks good, but feels great too.

I suddenly thought of the book, went right home and took it out of the shelf. And oh yes, i found the perfect dress pattern for the fabric and began snipping and seaming right away.

I loooooooved how it turned out.

A year later i wore it for my video. Perfect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, it is a lovely dress indeed. very nice!